Applications will be received beginning Tuesday, October 1, 2019. The application period will close when the maximum limit of 500 total applications is reached and no later than Tuesday, January 21, 2019
Artists are invited to submit up to 3 individual pieces for jury, provided that the pieces meet the following requirements:
- Artists must reside within 150 miles of 805-807 Liberty Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.
- All work must be original, designed and created by the applicant(s).
- All work must not have been previously exhibited in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- All work must have been completed within the past 2 years from the exhibition date of June 2020.
- Video and sound components must be intended for display in a gallery setting. Documented performances (such as concerts, recitals, music performance, etc.) are ineligible. The video or sound art piece must be the original work of art.
- All work must be ready to hang, exhibit or be installed during the scheduled hours of operations as determined by the Festival. Installation-based works must be installed by the artist, and should take no longer than two 8-hour work days to install.
- All work must be available for display for the full duration of the Dollar Bank Three Rivers Arts Festival, June 5 - 14, 2020.
The Juried Visual Art Exhibition will be displayed inside the Trust Arts Education Center (James E. Rohr Building) at 805-807 Liberty Avenue in the Cultural District during each day of the Festival, June 5 – 14, 2020.
- Artists will receive notification of application status in March. Selected artists must sign and return the JVAE exhibition agreement by March 31, 2020.
- All accepted artwork must be delivered in person and picked up at the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust’s gallery at 805/807 Liberty Avenue during the schedule outlined in the acceptance letter.
- Shipments of artwork cannot be received directly by the Festival. Arrangements must be made by the artist to deliver the work to the gallery per the acceptance letter requirements and exhibition agreement.
- Works that are selected for exhibition may be offered for sale at the artist’s discretion. The Festival receives a 20% commission on all sales to support the exhibition.
- The exhibition will be staged at the discretion of the Festival. The Festival reserves the right to refuse any work that differs from the work sample submitted as well as any inappropriate work or display.
SELECTION & AWARDS
The jury’s selection for invited artists will be announced in March 2020. Award winners will be announced during the opening reception in June and the People’s Choice Award will be announced at the conclusion of the Festival.
- Best in Show as selected by the 2020 Jury – $2500
- The Curators Award as chosen by the 2020 Curatorial Team – $500 each (3 prizes)
- People’s Choice as voted on by the general public – $500 (awarded after the Festival closes)
If your work is selected, a signed application, as well as agreement, is a commitment to show the selected piece(s) in the exhibition. Cancellations are discouraged. Notification must be received in writing to the Dollar Bank Three Rivers Arts Festival, 803 Liberty Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 before March 31, 2020. Works selected for display may not be removed until the Festival’s conclusion. Failure to comply with the cancellation policy may result in denial from future Trust festivals.
For questions or concerns: Message us now or call 412-456-1076.