The 2019 call for artists opens on October 10, 2018. The deadline to submit applications is January 18, 2019.
Welcome, artists! Here, you'll find everything you need to know about the Dollar Bank Three Rivers Arts Festival's Artist Market, June 7-16, 2019.
What's it all about?
The Dollar Bank Three Rivers Arts Festival, a production of the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, is a 10-day celebration of the arts in downtown Pittsburgh unlike any other in the nation. This world-class, multi-disciplinary festival is free to attend and open to the public, attracting nearly a half-million visitors annually.
The Artist Market features 350+ independent artists in an open-air setting, selling handmade art from 12 - 8 pm daily.
- $10,000 in cash awards
- 80% of artists earn $2,500 or more (according to artist survey data)
- 98% of artists earn $1,000 or more (according to artist survey data)
- Hosted in one of America's most exciting cities
- Annually ranked among the top 50 shows in the United States by Sunshine Artist Magazine
- Attracts a half million visitors to downtown Pittsburgh
- 300+ artists over 10 days
IT'S MANAGED BY CARING STAFF
- Options for length of stay: 2, 3, 5, or 7 day options
- Volunteer booth-sitters
- 24-hour security
- Artist Lounge w/ complimentary Wi-Fi and refreshments
- Indoor artist restrooms
- Catered award breakfast on Saturdays
- Award-winning practice of environmental sustainability
- and much more...
IT’S GREAT FOR EMERGING ARTISTS
Established in 2002, the Emerging Artist Scholarship Program of the Dollar Bank Three Rivers Arts Festival provides individuals with little to no experience exhibiting in festivals the opportunity to take an important first step towards a future in fine art and craft shows. The program supports the growth and longevity of fine arts and fine crafts in the Pittsburgh region with a special devotion to introducing new art forms to the Festival and new audiences to emerging artists.
- Application fee: $35 per medium
- Emerging Artist Applicants: 100% Comp Coupon Code EA2019
- Advisory Board Members: 100% Comp Coupon Code AB2019
- 2018 Award Winners: 100% Comp Coupon Code: AW2019
- Booth fee: $340 - $410
- Corner upgrade (limited availability): $75
2019 Sessions and Location
Artists may select (1) one 2-day, 3-day, 5-day, or 7-day session:
- Friday, June 7 through Tuesday, June 11 (Gateway Plaza)
- Friday, June 7 through Thursday, June 13 (Park North and South Walkway)
- Saturday, June 8 through Sunday, June 9 (Penn Ave. Extension)
- Wednesday, June 12 through Sunday, June 16 (Gateway Plaza)
- Friday, June 14 through Sunday, June 16 (Park North and South Walkway)
- Saturday, June 15 through Sunday, June 16 (Penn Ave. Extension)
Please select all the sessions you are available in order of preference. Artists will only be awarded one session. Artists are encouraged to select more than one session to increase their chance for acceptance.
For more details, visit the map page.
Unanswered questions? We’re here to help! Message us now or call 412-208-3020.